The state spa town of Bad Schwalbach lies in the western Taunus (320m) 20 kilometres northwest of Wiesbaden. In 1352 the town was mentioned for the first time under the name Langenschwalbach. However since 1927 the town has been known as Bad Schwalbach.
The town is surrounded by the Taunus forest and stretches over an area of 4019 hectares. Including the districts of Adolfseck, Fischbach, Heimbach, Hettenhain, Langenseifen, Lindschied and Ramschied, the town has 11,000 inhabitants. The Taunus is part of the Rhenish Slate Mountains and is abundant in mineral springs. Bad Schwalbach became famous in the 16th century because of its ferrous and carbonated mineral spring waters. At the end of the 19th century mineral-rich mud was found, which was helpful in treating back pain, rheumatism, arthritis and women’s pains, using mud packs and baths. Since that time Bad Schwalbach has been able to offer its cures as a mineral mud treatment, health drink or a bathing program.
In 2010 Bad Schwalbach obtained official therapeutic spa status. Bad Schwalbach is rich in forests, and is an ideal gateway for mountain-biking, walking and Nordic walking.
Circular trail to the Justinus-Felsen along the ancient Limes-line at Lindschied and Adolfseck. Historical buildings, including Kurhaus (spa house), Alleesaal, Rotenburger Schlösschen (small castle), Martin-Luther-Church (1471); Kur-Stadt-Apothekenmuseum (pharmacy museum); outdoor pool with giant slide.
65307 Bad Schwalbach
65308 Bad Schwalbach