The market town is located in the middle of the holiday region of the Franconian Lake District and offers a high number of leisure activities as well as an extensive network of cycleways and trails. The Limes runs through the municipal area over a distance of 3 kilometres.
Remains of the former castle and defensive wall, St. Blasius-Church (1709), historic gate tower (1531), cemetery church “Zum Hl. Kreuz” (1568).
Gothic church with three naves and valuable frescoes, wooden sculptures and cenotaphs, two wellpreserved Celtic ramparts ("four-corner-ramparts";
rectangular ditched enclosure) in the district Großlellenfeld, St.-Antonius-Church in the district Mörsach with valuable Ottilien-altar.